Day off tomorrow so.............

I spent about £50 on an "intelligent" battery charger, that was supposed to monitor the battery and top it up as necessary.

I found that I was having to top up the distilled water every few weeks and eventually the fully charged light no longer came on even if it had been out for a long run.

Then only the on light came on.

I decided that the battery was probably on its way out and  bought a new one................I was right the car wouldn't start (lucky I did it was just before Tatton)

I explained what was happening to the guy where I bought the new battery and he said that the charger had cooked the battery and it could of even started a fire/explosion if the battery had run out of H2O!!!

I haven't used it since.

Just trying to avoid the car not starting when I really need it. Like the 1st time I took it to Ireland and it wouldn't start at 0500 hrs when we were going for the ferry cos I hadn't used it for about 3 weeks because I wanted to keep it clean![:$]

Thank God for the RAC!!

Keep your eye on it...................mine was OK to start with!

I did have it on for a year or two.

Are you in work at the moment?

I'm off to the hospital soon for my IV drug[:S]

Pacemaker fitted next Thursday the 12th (sounds like a Battery Charger LOL!!!) and fingers crossed back to work on the !st August if the Docs agree..............fingers crossed!!!!