50k Service

Hi,

Just had my 50k service done (car has done 48k) and cost me £400.  Had a new Cam Belt and usual service items done, whilst it was in they noticed my Front Pads were almost showing metal so had them done to costing me an extra £177.

The good news is they quoted me £120 for Front Pads thinking it was a WRX and not STi so I only paid the price they quoted [;)] and managed to get them to sort out my loose drivers seat.  It knocked when cornering. They tightened a loose mount.

The best thing out of the service was the front shock struts.  I took my car to Prosport in Stockport a while back to find out why my Struts were loose in the arch (they made a klunking loose noise whilst driving very slow).

Prosport said the top mounts were faulty and will need replacing costing approx £1000.  As the car is only just out of warranty I spoke to Maltez Subaru (were my car is from) and asked for part payment repair.  They declined but offered me the same parts from Malta saving costs, they did mention the £1000 price was high though for the repair and said shop around.  After much deliberation I took the car to the subaru dealer Robinsons in Rochdale for a second opinion and have the service done at the same time.  They said the struts just needed tightening which they did for free and all is perfect again!!

They did say though the struts may still need replacing as it's unusal for them to come loose and  the worn struts may be causing this.  We shall see how I get on saved me £1000 for now.

Malta are still providing a quote just in case!

Goes to show though, don't just settle for one garage, shop around even Subaru suggest that! (No Consistency)

Where's the good weather I want to polish my car again now [:D]

Cheers

Lee 

Must admit I'm gutted its reached the 50k mark.  I often think i'd love to keep the car stored in the garage and keep it low mileage, but then on the other hand I think, if I did that i'd miss the chance of a life time to own and drive a Subaru every day.  At the end of the day, in the future I will sell the car, probably replacing it with a sensible car but at least I will have got my monies worth out this one and enjoyed it. 

I fully understand storing one, pro's and cons on both sides, but at the same time glad i'm able to drive it every day for work.

Still plenty of life left in her yet.

Cheers

Lee