Somewhere to have my brakes looked at?

Hi All,

On the way to the pub at yesterdays meet, one (or maybe both) rear brake caliper(s) stuck on so there was much squeaking as we approached the stop for lunch, and there was quite a smell of 'hot brakes' [;)]. Brakes were mostly fine again after lunch, and have been fine today, but obviously my brakes need looking at. I've never done disc brakes before, so are there any recommendations for somewhere local (to merseyside prefereably) who'll give me an honest answer as to whats needed (refurb or replacement) and be able to do the work. Don't want to get stung for new calipers if it's economic to have the old ones stripped and serviced/cleaned. I'd like to have a go, but I need the car so haven't got the time to 'learn brakes' at the mo.

Cheers,

Dave.

Prosport Dave but you might find there where just hot as mine started to fade again [:@] (note to self must get bigger brakes)

Cheers Guys - I had my last sevice done at Prosport, and I work on the Wirral, so CAS motorsport may be an option. I know nothing about brakes really, so it would be easy for me to get ripped off. Is there any way I can tell if it's just that they were overheating rather than need ing 'looking at'? I didn't feel that I'd been overly hard on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... My brakes have been fine since.... until today. Squeaked and sqealed the last mile of my journey to work [:D]. Called in at CAS Motorsport on my way home from work for advice. Verdict - Steve's a very helpful fella. I'm the not-so-proud owner of 1 sticking caliper and 1 knackered disc. Car is booked in on Friday for some caliper attention and new rear discs and pads (I already knew the pads were on their last legs). While it's there, he's going to heatwrap my new downpipe and fit the exhaust, and fit my PIAA driving lights too!!!! The 'Burble' will finally be released, and night will be turned into day.... Can't wait for the weekend now!!!!!

Saw one fine looking FMIC ready to be fitted to a certain silver classic that was parked outside [:o]. Any more news on your sick motor Andy?

Mentioned you too Andy J!!!

Cheers guys.