Clay Bar

Hey,

For the first time ever I have just used Clay Bar on my car.  I tried it just on the rear offside quarter to check it out, and what a difference it makes to the paint work.  Meguiars Clay Bar with Detailer to lubricate it is what I used. 

Background to Clay Bar:-

If you run your fingers over the paintwork of your car and it feels slightly rough or it feels dusty (i.e. High Spots) then your car has surface contaminants stuck to it.  Tree Sap, Bugs etc.  Clay Bar is a putty like substance that when gently rubbed against your car removes all these high spots leaving the paint like glass (totally smooth).  After you have used clay bar you need to polish your car and then wax it.

I am amazed how good it is, its like glass now! just need to do the rest of the car.  I have polished and waxed my car in the past but it never felt as smooth as it does now, best of all, its so easy to use too, very little effort required with amazing results

If you haven't already tried it then do so, well recommend it. Getting my car ready for the summer months, I can't wait!

NB: Lubrication is essential when using Clay Bar, Detailer is the best type of lubrication and is supplied with the clay bar if you purchase Meguiars.  I have read that High Concentrated SUD's do the trick too, but what ever you do don't use Clay Bar on its own.

Cheers

Lee

Yeah used the 3 stage Meguiar pack after on the rear quarter after doing it (Cleaner, Polisher, Carbuna Waxer).  The car looks like its had a rear quarter respray now [:D] due to being more shiney than the rest of the car.

Doing the rest when it stops snowing.

Cheers

Lee

I've read quite a lot about cleaning your car over the last few days and it has opened my eyes with what different products can do.  Some will harm your car and some will make it better.

Take an ordinary sponge for instance, they actually create swirl marks (Cobwebbing) in your Clear Coat (Laquer).  The particles of grit roll under the surface of the sponge where as a microfibre wash mit draws out the grit. 

There are so many different things that can effect the finish, I have read that Applying Wax produces a richer, darker, glossier finish only lasting 30 - 90 days if outside, whereas a sealant produces an ultra slick, greater clarity with a superb shine finish that is extremely durable lasting 6 - 9 months.

No wonder these expensive products on sale have so many different steps and in most cases confuse me, but now that I understand what they do, they are all needed for that perfect finish.

Cheers

Lee

Ahh it worked!

So the black line I have put on the picture is set just to the right of the actual polished/non polished line.  As you can see from the photo the rear quater plus the edge of the door has a deeper, richer shine than the rest of the car.  This picture was taken just a few moments ago in the garage under flourescent lights and a flash on the camera.  In the day light the difference is outstanding. 

If only the picture could show how smooth the paint is!  It's as smooth as you can get! Very impressed.

The funny thing is the rest of the car looks to be as shiney as you can get anyhow, so this extra shine gives it that wow factor.

Hope you like it.

Cheers

Lee

Hehe, Don't the baby seats set the car off! I think its them that make it look better! [:D]

Obviously Joking!

That website Polishedbliss is the best website I have ever come across with its knowledge of Care Care!

Must read! for every one that.

Thanks

Lee