My First Mod.....

I would agree with Ayde's comments concening remapping. Mine (UK 1997) was fully decatted about 2 years ago and has never been remapped. If you think swapping the bits is to much of a hassle for the MOT I would suggest you only change the downpipe and leave the centre section standard. The centre cat provides sufficient filtration to pass the MOT.

I decatted mine in two stages initially the downpipe, the difference in performance is suprising to say the least, I later changed the centre and back box, and apart from the nice sound there was no detectable change in performance, therefore you get all the advantages of a decat but can still pass the MOT by only changing the downpipe.

Andy.

Irrespective of car age any control loop by its nature takes in a signal and reacts accordingly, as long as your mods are within its control parameters or range then it can adapt accordingly. Even with a standard car the rates of fuelling will be constantly changing. Since decatting is in reality a small change the standard range will not be compromised. If it was my car would have gone pop a long time ago.

Andy

did you get that oil leak sorted Andy???

Yes at Prosport couple of months ago, the smoke coming from the intake on the bonnet was getting embarrasing[:$]. Turned out quite expensive in the end but had to be done, took the opportunity to replace the cam belt at the same time.

Andy