Never Heard of these guys until tonight

just emailed the guys about my car and possible prodeucts to use and they sent me tis back. What helpful chaps:

Hi Nige,

car looks excellent, no question about that. To me that's erring on the side of shiny and reflective, rather than wet and glossy. Right, got a lot to say, don't know where to start! Firstly - we need to clarify what you mean by polishing - if you are simply referring to adding another layer of wax, then monthly is no problem. In fact, you can do as as often as you want, without no ill effects, provided that the product you are using is happy being layered. However, if you are referring to polishing (i.e. removing sub-surface defects, and thus either chemically or physically removing paint), then monthly is too much. Most cars (even daily drivers like my Leon) only need polishing 1-2 times a year. Hope that clarifies the issue.

Ok, products for your car. As you may have seen, I'm going to detail JohnS's car in the next few weeks, and I will be testing out various combinations with him on the day, as I have never yet worked on classic Scooby blue. However, I've worked on similar shades of blue, and you have a couple of options. I know you said you like the idea of a natural wax, but one option I have to throw at you is the full Menzerna range. This range has only just hit UK shores, but it's been around in the US for 4 years now, and it's already legendary. And for good reason, as it gives the most insane reflections I've ever seen - so much depth and clarity it's almost unreal. However, there is no glow, and only a middling amount of wetness. In terms of ease of use, all of the products are a joy. The polishes can be used by hand or machine (Menzerna Werk are a German company, and renowned for the quality of abrasives they produce - all major car manufacturers use Menzerna polishes on the production line - Menzerna Werk are not interested in the consumer market, but an offshoot company, Menzerna USA, has licenced the abrasives and produces the range I stock). The Full Molecular Jacket sealant is awesome, and I used it last November on the S3 shown in one of the threads I posted in the car care section. The pics weren't the best, but I've attached another, showing the look achieved.

If wax it must be, then I feel another worthy combination is Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze, then two thin coats of Poorboy's EX-P sealant, and then finally two coats of Poorboy's Natty's Blue paste wax. This is an all time classic ombination for metallic finishes, as it gives a very wet, glossy look whilst still allowing the metallic flake to sing out in the sun. The EX-P isn't the easiest product to use, but the results it gives makes it worthwhile. I've also attached an image of Natty's Blue on classic Scooby blue - note the limited reflectivity, but great wetness and glow. Adding the EX-P beneath it improves the reflectivity no end, meaning that you get the best of both worlds - a wet, glossy finish with great reflections.

One final option from the range I do is one I haven't yet tried, but hope to on JohnS's car (well, at least on a test section). It works really well on silver and light blue, and I'll be interested to see what finish it gives on classic Scooby blue. The combination is Klasse All In One topped with as many coats of Optimum Car Wax as possible (one after every wash). The Klasse deep cleans paint and brings out a nice glow, while the Optimum is easy to apply (spray on, wipe off) and adds both carnuba and sealant protection (it's a blended product). The level of gloss the Optimum gives is unbelievable, but the downside is that it tends to mute metallic flakes. If I get chance to try it on JohnS's car I'll put up pics of the results.

Hope that helps, the choice is really down to the Menzerna vs the Poorboy's, and ultimately to whether you want mental reflections or a dripping wet, glossy look.

Happy to chat anytime,

Rich