The Millenium Falcon is dead...............

To those of you who know me it is with a heavy heart and tear in my eye that I have to inform you all that the Millenium Falcon has died.

I was running a friend to collect his car from a garage in Canterbury when a rattle turned into cluncking and the millenium Falcons big end went. Alas, I am gutted. What next? 2.5? Engine swap? Can my wallet take the strain? I am off for a sulk and to scan the net for a new engine. If anyone can help with suggestions drop me a PM. I am devastated.

Callum Wface-icon-small-sad.gif

Hello M8 the rattle is after about 2500rpm and is loud metallic and leaves you in no doubt that your car is buggered. Yours is probably a cracked heatshield vibrating on the headers if you have standard ones, I had it a couple of years ago, when the big end goes you will be in no doubt, get an EXPERT second opinion. I hope it isnt because its an engine swap or expensive rebuildface-icon-small-sad.gif

Cheers

Wilky

Im probably going to be cheaper putting a new engine in, Ive had a couple of frightning quotes for a rebuild so Im on the prowel for an engine, Im not going for a 2.5 because those projects turn into money pits and I cant afford that, but I would concider an engine that was a bit "special" if the price was right. Anything to offer give me a PM.

Dougster, sorry to see the wagon goface-icon-small-shocked.gif What happened there?

Callum

Had a wee scare 3 months back when i noticed a bottom end rattle when cold,

this turned out to be the woodruff key on the end of the crankshaft that holds

the crankshaft pulley (sheared in to 3 bits and chewed the end of the crank )

Luckily I caught it in time - but had convinced myself that it would take the maxing

of a few credit cards to put rightface-icon-small-frown.gif

So mate , I know how you feel.

post if you need an engine , no doubt a few guys on here will have contacts.

Good luck mate.face-icon-small-wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...