Diff Noise?

I know nothing on this subject, however the diff was making a rumble (loudly) on a previous car of mine. I believe there were two options. new diff (new, recon or salvage) or try to repair the existing one.

On inspection the 'repair' or thickening of the oil to almost black treacle status had been carried out before to 'firm' it up a bit. It obviously lasted a while and I was none the wiser.

So new/ change of diff it was. Ended up putting in one from a breakers with a guarantee and was excellent. price still steep but no where near a new one.

I guess my point, as im rambling, is when noise appeared it was checked out within a thousand miles or so and fixed within the next thousand or so (work commitments and sourcing the part) but I would get it diagnosed sooner than later and take it from there. See Badbaz ;-)

Hope, if any, that gave you the slightest insight.

Gordon

As mentioned above check your wheel bearings. If its a rumble when come off the throttle and start to slow down its probably just a wheel bearing.

If you jack each wheel off the ground and put one hand at the front of the wheel at one at the back and pull with one hand and push with the other in a quick kind of motion you will feel a little bit of movement if there is a wheel bearing on its way out