Need Some Help ()

hello

got a problem with my steering on my MY00 Classic wagon. parked up last night without any problems. Got in this morning and something wasn't right when i tried to move it. A juddery type lightish kind of feel at the front. Got out the car and the drivers side wheel is as normal but the nearside is at an angle pointing in the way. ;)

No fecking idea why this was happened ;) ?? I'm no mechanic but could this be a trackrod issue or some sort of ball joint problem or even the steering rack?

It's sitting double parked next to some bins and i think i am going to need a flat bed pickup to move it. Anyone got any recommendations on recovery? I'm with A-plan but can't mind if there is recovery on my option.

any help and advice would be appreciated.

cheers

slax.

Can you jack the car up and have a look underneath?

Strange how it was fine before you parked it unless something has just failed all of a sudden.

Rich

unfortunately i have no means to jack it up. managed to move it back into a space but it didn't feel/sound good. had a look underneath but i can't see anything untoward - as in nothing hanging down. i'll try and take some photos.

Good idea on the jack - forgot about that!

Had another look this morning and can't see anything untoward hanging down or anything. You can see from the pics that the nearside is pointing inward at about 10-15 degrees. Something must be bent or broke or something ;) Still no idea how the feck this has happened??

sub002.jpgsub001.jpg

I see my only option is to uplift and take it to a garage. £50+vat for dealer Nobles just to uplift - reluctant to outlay for the topend hourly rate as i'm away on holiday next week!

Dude, you need the AA/RAC in your life... I hate paying it, but I've been in the position where I've needed it in the past more than once a very long way from home...

Cant really help you with your issue though mate, really its the kind of thing that you cant really suggest anything without actually seeing it...

When you jack the car up though, are you able to turn the wheel though (Steering turn)? and what happens when you turn the steering wheel? do both wheels follow in both directions? Either way, sounds like a job for a garage, because even if somethings gone, then You'd probably need to get it all adjusted anyways...