South West Area

edmondo

Guest sti3_lewak
Paul

There was once a Devon and a Cornwall R/O's however as there is not we do try and encourage membership from that way but as you point out we are in the far North Eastern Corner then it is difficult. Really in Devon and Cornwall as there is no proper SIDC Prescence then at the mo it is tied up between SWS and RIP.

Friday Nights - In 2007 when we started the Swindon meets we tried Friday nights as an expiriment and it took off brilliantly however when the Winter came round and we switched to Sundays and guess what - we would get 1-2 cars if we was lucky. We then put it back to Friday Nights in Jan 08 and we 15 cars turn up so we have kept it to Friday nights. Sundays now clash with either Oxford / BBS / SWS meets.

Doing Everything ourselves - We would like nothing more then to pass stuff over but to be honest ( not a swipe at you DC ) but we need someone who can have the time to take stuff on.

Summer meets 09 - Hot sun - light nights then you would have thought lots would come out but we lost all our service guys training or being in Affie.........then theres holidays , Sulks ;) , BBQ's etc.

Newbie co-ordinator - yep I try my hand at that but not very good to be honest so yes thats a good idea - any voluteers?

OK I would be quite happy to take this on, with my military background i could have them jumping through loops of fire.. (joking aside) Give me a few months to get into the possition. I have very good people skills, and like to make new friends. plus gives me an excuse to the misses to be online more :thumbup:

Kick start - yes I do thanks pmsl

Thanks for your thoughts so perhaps we might hold a war council again in January.........had one in 08 - good laugh and paved the way for a good year so will look to do that in 2010.

Edited by sti3_lewak
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Jaqs.

Yes I am still here, but as mentioned by Jaqs; this year I have been tied up with work commitments, am looking to jump back in the new year.

But as commented above, SIDC down here is very slow. Hence the idea is to combine meets with the other clubs in the region, at least that way the meets will be worthwhile. Already had a couple of meets in the areas posted on multiple sites with a reasonable response.

Yes SWS and RIP do have it sewn up down here and mainly (from my point of view) because if anyone logs onto SIDC and goes to SW region you get Swindon. Now I live in Paignton and do not consider Swindon to be in the SW really, more south midlands from where I am. So if any events are organised then they are naturally in the Swindon sphere of influence. RIP and SWS are also suffering from a lack of attendance at events, lucky to get 6 cars combined.

Most meets tend to be at a pub - that can be too expensive for some folks. I like to drive my car and not just turn up to a pub and sit down looking at it.

Cost must enter into all of this. I cannot afford so much fuel anymore but I do like to go out and drive, so if it is out to a pub and a meal, I just think "ouch - that could have been a few gallons of fun".

As you know I have tried organising get togethers down this way and advertised them here but get little response and Jaqs and I have been chatting about the problems of fragmentation. The only way to really get over this is to get folks togehter again and yes I know that means someone has to take the first step and then someone has to agree to let another club to run an event. But if we do not then I am afraid there will be nothing going on at all. I have made suggestions all over the place that maybe we ought to take it in turns organising things and each support each other. That way a natural order will eventually prevail and folks will gravitate towards where they feel most comfortable. I am a non-paying member of 7 different Scoob clubs at the moment. It would be great if they all worked together and could keep politics and personal animosities out of it but I do not think that will happen.

I have several get togethers organised - 27th December, 23rd January but do not expect much support or attendance. I do not care which club folks are from and am more than happy to see multiple flags flying on the flagpole - maybe in the future there will be fewer and everyone will be bestest mates again.

Come on everyone - you do not have to talk to folks you do not like but lets rise above it all and get together like we did for the McRae run!

So many nice places to go down this way and up Swindon way. Lets all get out there and see them all one by one.

Tel

Thanks you two for your ideas - I will be replying more fully later in week but as some know ed has been diagnosed with suspected swine flu so all my time taken up with looking after him at mo.

for now though could JD please do a write up on this thread Welcome To The South West Regions, Regional Organisers Details like i have done - dont know if you want to add Terry as your assistant?

Edited by SCOOBY PRINCESS

devon and cornwall has always been dead,,that wont change ever, but combined meets will definatly help..in fact you have no choice if you live down here to meet up with othere clubs....i cant see a problem with that...the old arguments between different clubs is rather boring now..lifes to short to worry about crap like that,and it also holds back other members who want to meet other scooby owners.............so all CHILL OUT and forget the past...enjoy life while your here..

Edited by parker1

There is a drive out organised for the 27th from Plymouth/Torbay/Exeter up onto the Moors and everyone is invited no matter what club - or even what you are driving on the day, it is about interest in the cars and not neccessarily having to own one on the day, though a BIG convoy of Scoobs is what I really want.

PM me for details!

As for the rest - all fragmented so please help us pull it all together. I knoe I am on SIDC here but sod the politics lets get it all going again and then start becoming friends again and then join the fragments all up again - life is too short as said before on here.

Terry , you sound like the right person for a deputy R/O job in devon.. :banana:

Ditto that comment!

War council being held in Jan just going to need to set a date but will Speak to Ed asap and put a thread up.

Terry / JD - Just and idea here - what about we get you 2 and the ladies down here or us to your area for a weekend and then get the ideas flowing for this year.

One event i would love to attend once more is SWMS - We had some great times at this event but as you have said we need to pull together

There is a drive out organised for the 27th from Plymouth/Torbay/Exeter up onto the Moors and everyone is invited no matter what club - or even what you are driving on the day, it is about interest in the cars and not neccessarily having to own one on the day, though a BIG convoy of Scoobs is what I really want.

PM me for details!

As for the rest - all fragmented so please help us pull it all together. I knoe I am on SIDC here but sod the politics lets get it all going again and then start becoming friends again and then join the fragments all up again - life is too short as said before on here.

This was a great day out and across a few clubs. I have to agree with Terry's early post SW division is much to big and needs deviding down. I am always happy to arrange meets as 27th December with Terry proved.

Its great when we all get together and MOST members are members on nearly all the sites anyway.

Good luck and keep up the hard work peeps xxx

Ditto that comment!

War council being held in Jan just going to need to set a date but will Speak to Ed asap and put a thread up.

Terry / JD - Just and idea here - what about we get you 2 and the ladies down here or us to your area for a weekend and then get the ideas flowing for this year.

One event i would love to attend once more is SWMS - We had some great times at this event but as you have said we need to pull together

Sounds like a plan to me.