Flood Control

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

this sucks...

argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

g why...

g

ggggggggggggggggggg :lol::thumbup::thumbup::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

this sucks...

g why...

g

ggggggggggggggggggg :thumbup::thumbup::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

calm down its only a commercial :lol:

it's a disappointment tbh.....we are probably the most busiest region on here,and then this gets sprung on us........

check your post count...its gone back to zero..

busiest region except the Scots of course and guess where Admin come from?

Nope phew my few posts are still there

busiest region except the Scots of course and guess where Admin come from?

You lot crease me. You've sat and bitched about this, but not one of you has thought about contacting an Administrator to see why this was put in place. Instead you've just assumed it was put in place because of you when that's not the case.

It's nothing to do with you or anything you do or say. It's to do with preventing spammers. Because Forums now have features that prevent spam robots from registering, like complicated images where you have to pick out the letters, the spammers are paying cheap labour in Russia and the Balkan States to hit Forums with their crap. We can prevent computer robots from registering, but we cannot prevent humans from doing likewise. By implementing flood control we carry out damage limitation. If a spammer does get past our measures then they'll only post one or maybe two messages before they get fed up and move on to another Forum that doesn't have the feature enabled where they can spam far more - and get paid more.

There is only one Scottish Administrator of this site and that is me so I take Ed's comments as a personal attack. I not only revamped this site and improved it vastly for no reward (how soon you forget, eh?!), but also built and maintain the website for the McRae Gathering which is eating more of my life than I'd care to mention right now. I do it all out of love - though sometimes I question my sanity. You'd do well to remember that before you start moaning about the fact you can't post for a few seconds and go blaming it all on your Scottish Administrator.

You lot crease me. You've sat and bitched about this, but not one of you has thought about contacting an Administrator to see why this was put in place. Instead you've just assumed it was put in place because of you when that's not the case.

It's nothing to do with you or anything you do or say. It's to do with preventing spammers. Because Forums now have features that prevent spam robots from registering, like complicated images where you have to pick out the letters, the spammers are paying cheap labour in Russia and the Balkan States to hit Forums with their crap. We can prevent computer robots from registering, but we cannot prevent humans from doing likewise. By implementing flood control we carry out damage limitation. If a spammer does get past our measures then they'll only post one or maybe two messages before they get fed up and move on to another Forum that doesn't have the feature enabled where they can spam far more - and get paid more.

There is only one Scottish Administrator of this site and that is me so I take Ed's comments as a personal attack. I not only revamped this site and improved it vastly for no reward (how soon you forget, eh?!), but also built and maintain the website for the McRae Gathering which is eating more of my life than I'd care to mention right now. I do it all out of love - though sometimes I question my sanity. You'd do well to remember that before you start moaning about the fact you can't post for a few seconds and go blaming it all on your Scottish Administrator.

Just hang on one damn second - This was not a damn personal attack against anyone............This was NOT a bitching session either................It was a thread started because this suddenly appeared and at the same time as someone complained about me and Kev "posting".................so 2 and 2 eh?............also you will notice that there is a lot of :D on this thread - my book P Taking perhaps I have mis-read what this emoticon means.

Excuse me - I think you are a shade paranoid my old fruit.........been there done that helping out on Forums so know you can get some A Holes complaining that no matter what you do its not appreciated.

Scots admin - forgive me if I am wrong but there is more than one - side issue really.

Hells Bells you really make people welcome to post here dont you?

Not often do i become involved in aruements or discussions but this time i am!

1) Not trying to say my husband is thick andi, but he would not have a clue which region your from so how you have worked out his comment about scottish admin is relating to a personal attack on you is just damn right stupid!

2) No we have not forgotten how you have "revamped this site and improved it vastly for no reward" - how can we when we are reminded by different people, on different threads - oh and hang on you did get a kind of reward or has club member of the year just slipped from your mind as well as the trophie falling of your bookcase!

3)Oh ed does know how much an event takes and how much stress and planning goes into he has been working with me for 4 years now on events and meets as regional organiser which is also a thankless job which has seen nothing but stress - he even took over when i suffered my massive double epileptic fit 2 years ago which saw me lose my speach for over a week so dont you dare tell him to remember how much hard work it is before moaning!

small comment then.

and the fact that someone can come in and see edmondo all the way down the right hand side makes people welcome????

Kettle pot black - small comment here:-

and the fact that newbies saw a fight about who won a drag race.......................