Sussex Scoobies On Tour

Hi Folks. The Sussex meet on SAT 29th March 1pm will be coming to a location nearer you - the Queens Head at Icklesham, near Winchelsea. www.queenshead.com

We would be pleased to welcome any Kent members who live nearby (and further away of course!)

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this from the Sussex site.

This hopefully will be the first of some different venues to be visited by Sussex Scoobies

The next meeting is going to be at the Queens Head Icklesham at 1.00pm, I will be there from about mid day.

I have chosen this pub because in my opinion it meets all our requirements of a good meet, ie: good car parking (with hopefully our own section) nice location with easy access, our own area inside the pub, there is even a children's play area and best of all excellent food and service.

I have been eating at this pub for many years and not been disappointed.

The pub is easy to find, it is just off the A259 at Icklesham, which is between Hastings and Rye, for those of you with sat. nav. the post code is: TN36 4BL.

From Hastings its about 6 miles to the EAST, when you get to Icklesham there is a 40mph limit which then reduces down to 30mph, go past the Robin Hood (pub) on the right then round a fairly sharp left hand bend, then after aprox 350 yards on the left there is a sign saying Queens Head take this left turn and the pub is up a narrow lane 80yds on the right.

Coming from Rye on the A259 heading WEST: after passing Winchelsea and along the nice long straight take the 1st on the right after the 30mph sign and the pub is just 80yds up the narrow lane on the right please watch your speed in the access lane.

The pub has an excellent menu plus specials board. It was built in the 17th century it has everything including a web site where you can find out everything you wish to know

www.queenshead.com

Everybody is welcome please come and make this a great meeting, may be we might get some Kent Scoobies

ps please drive very slowly as soon as you get into Parsonage Lane it is single track!!!!!!!!!

Edited by stiggy

All work and no play..........................oh well, it will be nice to meet some of you (any of you) that we don't already know.

The idea of a big joint meet in the future sounds a great idea - happy to help Mr Granby Sir!!