Uk2000 Vs Sti - Suspension

Claisics

What benefits come from suspension on an STi-5/6 on comparison to the UK Turbo 2000 ???

One of the post's recently suggesting a full coil over setup is pointless unless your on a track. Basicly im looking for a firmer ride with that agressive look "slightly lowerd"

So I'm thinking STI Suspension with Eibach lowering springs? If theres no major differences in the STi/UK Turbo

Ill settle for spings, save me time :D

, Chris :(

I put P1 suspension on my last one Chris. the difference was night and day buddy.

A little lower but not by much right enough, the main difference was in how they performed. Not too stiff but they handled really well especaially after decent geometry settings. The main bit about doing your suspension is getting better dampers...not point in it looking the nuts if it handles badly.

I put P1 suspension on my last one Chris. the difference was night and day buddy.

A little lower but not by much right enough, the main difference was in how they performed. Not too stiff but they handled really well especaially after decent geometry settings. The main bit about doing your suspension is getting better dampers...not point in it looking the nuts if it handles badly.

There coming right off a Sti6 as full units Frank, with the originals intact.Then ill get springs and geomerty setup?

dampers is the piston bit in the middle lol? :D my source say "no leaks no noise etc"

For the overall stiffness side of things :( got front,rear and an H engine brace for me, they dont effect geomerty side of things do they?

thanks

,Chris

I might be wrong but I think the STi6 ones are inverted and a little stiffer than the P1 shocks.

And yes..the dampers are the bits in the middle. :( I'd try them first before you get springs, you might like the way they are standard.

You will need to get the geometry done Chris and it's more than worth while getting decent settings on the car to get the most out of the parts you are fitting.

I got the H-brace aswell but never fitted it sadly. Front and rear strut braces might help aswell to stiffen things up as through time the cars shell twists and these go to rectify the problem.

The only other things I fitted were, f and rear d/links and an adj rear arb. After that the car felt planted and was a joy to drive..

Edited by Frank C