What Oil For A Gtb?

Hi all

I am going to give my Legacy GTB a service on Saturday, since i have no manual and its the first scooby i have changed the oil on i have two questions

1- what oil should i use and how much will it take?

2- Is there anything special i should do with an oil change on a scooby engine compared to a normal car?

More than happy doing the work, just thought i would check with the experts!!

Steve

Finally! Another GTB owner. Which oil? Anything good to be honest. I've tried Mobile 1 (10W 30), Redline (10W 40) and Motul 300v (5w 40).

I was very happy with the Redline oil and am currently using Motul. I used Mobil 1 once and that was just before my engine decided it didn't like the big end bearings very much.

Since the engine rebuild, I ran the engine in with Castrol GTX and replaced it with Motul. I bought 6litres and have a bit left over and it cost me £60.

Out of curiosity, which model do you have? Mine is a GTB (BG5-B 96-97).

Hope that helps.

Hi mate

My leggy is a GTB GF-BH5, 99 model. The reg doc says 98 but its the newer 99 model i think by the headlights.

Love it to bits, it was the additional second car to a 07 STI that we bought this year so a nice complement. Took the two of them to the shell garage the other day, i think we emptyed their supply of V-Power!!

How long have you had yours, do you know much about them?? I dont have a manual or anything to help with working on the car and it would be good to have a chat sometime if you have the time.

PM me some pictures of yours, i'll send some back

Steve

Hi mate

My leggy is a GTB GF-BH5, 99 model. The reg doc says 98 but its the newer 99 model i think by the headlights.

Love it to bits, it was the additional second car to a 07 STI that we bought this year so a nice complement. Took the two of them to the shell garage the other day, i think we emptyed their supply of V-Power!!

How long have you had yours, do you know much about them?? I dont have a manual or anything to help with working on the car and it would be good to have a chat sometime if you have the time.

PM me some pictures of yours, i'll send some back

Steve

I think the wesite you are needing isUK Legacy Forum?. I've got a 1999 GT-B myself, although the BH5 model did actually start in 1998, so quite probable that your car may be a 1998 version. If you need any advice, feel free to ask, or go to the UKLF and ask for help - even Wilky did!!

Craig