Exhaust reducer

If you read the advert it states both ways and is the only way to do it at "flange" thickness (rather than a short section of pipe which would mess up your mounting points).- it's universal. 3-2.5 or 2.5-3.

The 3" section should be fairly tight in the bore.

Add some firegum in the space where it tapers as you fit it - should be good to go.

Thanks for the info mr Don but could I not use the reducer that came with the backbox just put the 3inch end into the centre section and then bolt the 2.5inch backbox the the flange as per pic or am I being a bit thick ?

Screenshot_20210511-131034_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by scoobyjoff

The reducer I linked to at scoobyworld in my first reply is the same as you're showing in the screen grab.:getmecoat:

You've basically repeated what I intimated in my 2nd post. :stena:

The 3"  "cone section" goes into the centre pipe using the 3" gasket and should be a relatively tight fit. Using a 2.5" gasket bolt the backbox to it. Job done.

Right so I now know how to fit the reducer thanks MR DON my next question is I've found a newage ninja backbox on ebay off a 2004 newage impreza now I'm wondering if its compatible with the scoobworld centre section on my bugeye now I'm sure haywood and Scott produced the ninja for scoobyworld so am I right in assuming it will fit any information much appreciated ?

21 minutes ago, scoobyjoff said:

Right so I now know how to fit the reducer thanks MR DON my next question is I've found a newage ninja backbox on ebay off a 2004 newage impreza now I'm wondering if its compatible with the scoobworld centre section on my bugeye now I'm sure haywood and Scott produced the ninja for scoobyworld so am I right in assuming it will fit any information much appreciated ?

Screenshot_20210516-165113_eBay.jpg

Thanks MR DON not sure about it having the bung just  I had a ninja on my classic and it was perfect but I noticed that scoobyworld told me they have replaced the ninja with the afterburner typhoon ?which comes with a removable bung just wondering if it sounds the same haven't managed to find any YouTube videos on the typhoon yet to see what it sounds like 

Quick update on the exhaust project I ordered the afterburner typhoon and fitted it with the reducer and a brand new gasket and it fits perfectly and sounds amazing a lovely burble on tickover and I can't wait to go for a run out in the bugeye and see what it's like next on the project list is a prodrive front bumper and grille so thanks again MR DON ?

• Like 1

And I bought a solar trickle charger and the cable that plugs into the OBD port and a new battery and came to start the bugeye after it stood for a couple weeks and it fired up no problem ?so let's hope that solves the issue once started I let it idle with headlights on and foglights just to kick the alternator into life as its Bank Holiday next weekend I'll take the old girl for a run over my folks 

• Like 2