Hello everyone

Hello. My name is David and Im from Colorado. Im fairly new to owning Subaru vehicles, I drive a 2000 2.5RS with some mild modifications and my wife drives a 2002 WRX. I also have a 2005 WRX that i plan on using the engine to do a swap on my RS. I got really lucky with my RS. I work for a tow company and it came in to our yard as an abandon vehicle. No one ever came in to claim it and after all the required paperwork had been sent out it officially became our property and I was able to purchase it. I checked all the fluids and gave it a once over to make sure there wasn't any major problems and was surprised to find that not only was everything in good working order but there were some pretty nice upgrades done to it. The first and probably the greatest mod is the Tein Dirt Master Type HG adjustable coilovers! I couldnt believe it. Also it has Borla Headers, Stromung Dual Tip muffler, Perrin Crank Pulley, STi seats and ARB front and rear. Since owning it i have installed slotted and drilled rotors, calipers and wheels from an 05 WRX and a 24" LED light bar. I plan on swapping in an 05 WRX engine in the near future. I also got my wifes 02 from my work as well. Unfortunately her car was a little more beat up. The previous owner at one point had some nice aftermarket stuff and a pro tune installed. However they had started removing some of the essential parts so the engine bay was full of high performance and stock parts all mixed together. Not being familiar with Subaru engines it was a chore to get it drive-able to say the least. From the beginning that bug eye has been a thorn in my side! New turbo, head gaskets, TGVs, fuel pump and filter {it didnt even have a fuel fiter on it!}, plugs, O2 sensors, clutch, down pipe...Im sure there's some things that ive forgotten too. All said and done its been a pain but ive learned so much throughout the process. Im still dealing with some issues and thats why Im here. Ive joined several other forums as well, trying to learn everything I can. Sorry that was so long winded, but thank you again for allowing me to join this site and i look forward to sharing and learning with all of you in the future!  

20210115_170727 (2).jpg

• Like 1