New Owner in the USA

Hello, 

I'm glad to have found this group. I've always loved Subaru Imprezas and recently spent Covid $$ on a used 2010 Impreza wagon. Nothing sporty but it definitely has potential. I love it! I heard the 4spd transmission has issues. Can anyone tell me what I should look for and if there's anything I can do to prolong its life? Thank you in advance for your help 

• Like 1
On 14/01/2021 at 14:00, VegasLyfe said:

Hello, 

I'm glad to have found this group. I've always loved Subaru Imprezas and recently spent Covid $$ on a used 2010 Impreza wagon. Nothing sporty but it definitely has potential. I love it! I heard the 4spd transmission has issues. Can anyone tell me what I should look for and if there's anything I can do to prolong its life? Thank you in advance for your help 

Not sure if we had that version in the UK. 
Is it 1.8/2.0 non turbo 4speed. 

Don is the man on specifications 

Tony

Assume it’s an auto box, and relatively few of those in the UK.

Only common fault I’ve read/heard of on the 4 speed auto boxes is maybe the integral transfer boxes starting to go (vibrate / rattle etc ?) especially noticeable when reversing and turning at low speed.    

Making sure that all 4 tyres are  matched up in terms of equal wear / rolling diameter and auto box oil changes as per spec. are the only obvious things I can suggest as preventive measures.

• Like 1