3 hours ago, marklythgoe1983 said:

HI

I recently bought a blobeye WRX300 its not my 1st subaru ive had a few over the years 

Welcome to to the SIDC :thumbs:

What part of the country are you from?

We have  local meets troughout the year,  trackdays and attend most big car shows (and some small ones)

@@@@@@@ Covid put paid to all that, strange times :aq:

Well we will once it all gets going again, probably february 2021

Floz is chairman and Don is a mind of info.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/09/2020 at 07:45, marklythgoe1983 said:

But took the stickers off fitted a set of 18s, tein coilovers and spoiler stiffies 

Next to fit is the GFB blow off valve, k&N off my previous impreza, afterburner exhaust and get it mapped

20200919_101654.jpg

Look tile Team dynamics 1.2 wheels. I had some on my hawk years ago

tony

On 23/09/2020 at 18:32, debsp555 said:

Hiya and welcome! See you have made some great changes to your Scoob! Did same when I bought mine including Prodrive wheels! Debs

Yes Debs the car is in your face with the exhaust so didn't want it to be even more in your face with the stickers so they came off with some help from the wife an kids, they loved pulling them off an kept saying makes a change from you telling us to stay away from it haha

• Haha 1

Thought while the sun was out i would swap the gauges the car already came with an oil pressure an boost gauge but they were in bar so swapped them for some gauges in psi (they were straightened after the photos were taken), also ripped out some dodgy wiring how the car has not gone up in flames I don't know live wire from the battery to the gauges rubbing on the body and random wires going from the radio, cigarette sockets bare wires going to know were so spent 3hrs rilping wires out and rewiring the car 

20200925_140710.jpg

20200925_140734.jpg

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, insane clown said:

Welcome mate, sounds like you have a plan!, looks nice?

Yes hoping next year we can get to some events, was hard to do a few year ago as I was employed, but been self employed for 7 years now and loving it... Time to play?

Although driving a 21 year old forester!, 

My plan is to get it running around the 400 mark with a 6 speed conversion but not going to rush it I know they are temperamental as its my 13th one don't know if its stupidityor what keeps drawing me back to owning a scooby, it has its issues but don't they all so want to get it looking and performing well its been looked after there's just stupid little bits thats not been done right im the 2nd owner.

Shows an events this year have been messed up due to this stupid virus roll on next year ?

Yes mate spent a fortune over the years modding, repairing and maintenance!, first one was a my96 UK wagon turbo, back in 2004 to 2008 got that running 311bhp.

Sold it as it was taking over my life!!

2009-2010 had a my94 WRX then 2011-2012 had a Forester s-turbo...... Which I bought back july 2019!, was a mess and only got back on road 22nd Aug this year.

Dont regret it, it was sentimentla. Has a prodrive upgrade from new too.

Insane clown bloody hell thats not good about the forester never a good thing seeing your old car in a poor state

I wanted a blob sti but just didn't have the funds for one an seen the wrx300 cheap so went for that, the missus calls it the mistress the amount of money an time ive spent on it since owning it but she doesn't moan when she's out in it 

3 hours ago, marklythgoe1983 said:

Yes Debs the car is in your face with the exhaust so didn't want it to be even more in your face with the stickers so they came off with some help from the wife an kids, they loved pulling them off an kept saying makes a change from you telling us to stay away from it haha

Nice one! I had to take crappy graphite stickies off the spoilers, a new roof spoiler, brakes, a legal exhaust ......,  remove the pink STI Subaru logos but left the little blue lights that were in the grille but disconnected ? 

• 2 months later...

Todays job was fitting the front mount intercooler I bought in the black Friday sales luckily managed to get it finished before the rain passed down but a job for tomorrow or Wednesday is to de tango the lights and paint the insides black

Does anybody know the size of the pipe for the recirculation part of the dump valve as im not happy with the old pipe an want to order some longer pipe in silicone

20201221_151558.jpg

20201221_143625.jpg

Edited by marklythgoe1983
Forgot to list
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, marklythgoe1983 said:

Todays job was fitting the front mount intercooler I bought in the black Friday sales luckily managed to get it finished before the rain passed down but a job for tomorrow or Wednesday is to de tango the lights and paint the insides black

Does anybody know the size of the pipe for the recirculation part of the dump valve as im not happy with the old pipe an want to order some longer pipe in silicone

20201221_151558.jpg

20201221_143625.jpg

t

looks like the 30min job took longer!!! LOL

• 5 weeks later...