Bit of a day out

Hi all trust all is good with you and yr scoobys i had a cracking day out on saturday at bruntingthorpe test track as my dearly beloved got me a full blown drive in a american peterbilt truck HELL YEH sad as it sounds ive wanted to drive one for years and was blown away by the whole experience i know i drive a truck all week but this peterbilt is in a different league CATERPILLAR 700bhp engine and a eaton twin splitter gearbox pure old school loved every minute of it so a big thank you to my girlfreind for giving me the chance ??

IMG-20190330-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190330-WA0005.jpg

Not quite the same, but for my 60th was treated to a session of driving  a Renault tractor unit plus 40 ft tri axle trailer somewhere in Lincolnshire.  Performed perfectly through the 16+? gearbox and roundabouts, but disaster at trying to reverse into tight corners.  But it was pouring down and couldn't see from the mirrors (my excuse)!

Lol i know what your saying i havnt driven a eaton twin split gearbox for over ten years and i must admit i did play a few tunes trying to find the gears but once i got back into it i enjoyed it loads just wish my boss would get a couple of peterbilts for us because the sleeper cab is bigger than my entire cab oh well guess ill have to move to the states ???