Where Is Everyone?

Well I haven't been in the USA for 2 weeks as I am working in Singapore at the moment. Hope the 'Stang is nice and cosy in the garaaaage. Mustangs are ok but they are not the speed machines that they have the rep for. Comfortable and fast though. Absolutely pants in the snow.

I drive smooth and careful as befitting a man of my advanced years stumpx2. A V8 rumble is a fair reward for 2500 rpms at the cruising speed of 65mph when I commute down 59 to work where lecture and pontificate for money. A far cry from the smoking clutches and burning rubber of the gravity challenging Scoob days. I won't be shuffling but rolling off this mortal coil.

• 1 year later...

I am sweeping away the tumbleweeds as I write here.

Now domiciled in Singapore where I teach non-existent students about an industry that doesn't exist anymore.

I sold the 'Stang and the man gave me a 1.5l Mazda 3 for the dailly commute through the 250cc Malaysian motGP. Lots of Scoobs here and many have body mods which

is brave considering the price of cars and the cost of motoring here.

So where are you ScottishScoobs? Do any of the old guard have a Scoob?

On ‎25‎/‎8‎/‎2014 at 00:59, stumpystumpy said:

How's thing going in the states zeolite? Mustangs are great, wish they were here

stumpystumpy your prayers are answered!! after nearly a 2 year wait since your last post, mustangs are available here now and in RHD.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-3555238/Ford-s-right-hand-drive-Mustang-brutishly-brilliant-test-V8-5-litre.html

Edited by beastie

Not too bad DRB5. (Jeez you have dragged me back). How is business?

The oil industry is bottomed out I hope and I will have to deal with influx of fresh faced newcomers in coming months. If note I will join the others on the dole.

Hey beastie. I had heard life in Russia was difficult for Brits and Yanks these days and I know a few who have had to leave.

I have driven the 2015 Mustang V* and the 4 pot turbo. I would go for the turbo here in the UK. Much better mileage and not a great deal of difference for grin factor.

I still miss my GB270 though. :(

Zeolite - Big clearout of expats here in Russia, especially American companies,  when the sanctions bit. I am in the Far East so we are unaffected by sanctions but the low oil price is biting. We plan to withdraw from Russia all together as we fight low utilisation and rates. Luckily we are very diversified so wont be going under, but there has been a big clearout of staff..

Edited by beastie

drb5...Congratz. I am on grandchildren now. Got 4 of them!

beastie...My company are the same although we managed to complicate things by trying (and failing) to acquire a competitor. Hoping to drag out my time to 

25 years but I reckon it is 50/50 unless oil manages to hold on. I had heard Perth (OZ) has been devastated over the last year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still here - struggling along with 2 scoobs between me and wife.

Been a hard year with work and cash flow - I took a 10% pay cut and the wifes Ex got laid off so between what he usually gave us for the kids and my cut we're £1,000 a month worse off so things have been tight. Haven't had a chance to get out and do anything this year, having said that most of the usual suspects up here have had their cars off the road for various reasons, mine was in the garage 3 weeks at the start of the year as well.

Hopefully next year will be better

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...