Mini Meet

Hi All,

Was thinking about organising another mini meet, this will be my 1st so all hands to the pumps please :smiley-taunt014:

See below for possible dates, the majority will win the casting vote:

23rd May or 24th (evening Lechlade (chips and friendly banter) or even a kick around if it's nice and we have a ball or two

13th June or 14th (evening Lechlade (chips and friendly banter) or even a kick around if it's nice and we have a ball or two

20th June or 21st (evening Lechlade (chips and friendly banter) or even a kick around if it's nice and we have a ball or two

post-19483-0-05468500-1367830573.jpg

Or if we really want to go for it, a nice drive around some country lanes and then back to another pub for a wee tipple and some grub

Will post up some ideas of what route we can take, heard there are some nice jaunts that we could make the most of, see some ideas of dates below, these are on Sundays, not sure if that's a family day, so these can change should we need to.

19th or 26th May

16th or 23rd June

Routes will be posted up soon

Richard

• Upvote 1

i'll figure out what shifts i'm working.

if you want a drive out, starting and finishing at lechlade, let me know and i'll plan a route (I have got quite good at it after 100+ drive outs lol)

i'll figure out what shifts i'm working.

if you want a drive out, starting and finishing at lechlade, let me know and i'll plan a route (I have got quite good at it after 100+ drive outs lol)

You're more than welcome to look at routes mate :) As most of the Lechlade meets have been after work, run outs will have to be reasonably short. Big ones (25-40 miles) work well on a Sunday aftrnoon (in my experience anyway)

You're more than welcome to look at routes mate :) As most of the Lechlade meets have been after work, run outs will have to be reasonably short. Big ones (25-40 miles) work well on a Sunday aftrnoon (in my experience anyway)

ok, you're not into proper drive outs then? :D

proper ones consist of evening being 20 - 30 miles, sundays 80-100 miles and mid summer runs 180-250 miles all at a good (law abiding) pace on country B roads with stops for coffee etc.

not everyone's cup of tea but most enjoy them.

all are meticulously planned on mapsourse, checked after being transposed onto Google earth and downloaded to my satnav so the route is followed to the tee.

I will do a small one of about 10 miles and if anyone's up for it, you can see what you think.

Mugs - you need to get ya ass upto the highland fling next year - defo the best drive out ever mate :)

yeah, I might just do that. :driving:

I've worked out my shift pattern and the only evening ones I can do is June 13th / 14th but I should be fine for any of the Sunday's and then if anyone is up for it, I can let loose with organising a drive out :banana2:

Edited by mugs

List started 14th June meet

1. Bakerzone

2. Matty

3. Logger

4. Mugs

5. Silverscoobs

6. Mikeimpreza25

7. Mark b (as long as we do the chippy on the way lol)

how many would be up for a little (10 mile or so) drive out on the night? it would take about 1/2 hour and take in some good country roads.

I'd be up for that, going to create a new thread for a Sunday run out as well, just waiting on some further details

ok, i'll plan a small run for the evening and those that want to go can, those that don't can continue with the meet in the car park ;)

give me a shout on the sunday run, I love planning drive outs :banana2:

• 4 weeks later...

Totally gutted, found out yesterday work have changed my shifts this week, now

on 2-10!! Was hoping to still be able to get a swap but not looking good :mad:

Hope you guys have a good meet and post up some pics, I WILL be at the next one (if im not on holiday!)

Edited by Silverscoobs