Tmic Upgraded...

Hi, I have just finished upgrading the tiny intercooler on my 2.5 WRX in preparation of some work going to be carried out later this week. <_<:D

Dont shoot me down for asking this!

Do you get a bit more lag with bigger TMIC's??

It is genuine STI item, initially I thought a hose was off, but no, a quick test drive and I was still hitting my usual 1.5 / 1.6 bar, so boost pressure ok.

And a thank you to Bobby C for keeping me right about the brackets and I have copied your idea too with the red scoop splitter thingy. :D

The teeney weeney std. WRX item...

WRXSTDTMIC.jpg

All done..

DSC00928.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

Edited by Smiler AS

The red scoop splitter thingy is a std. STI item (was either jap performance parts or fleabay), came in black, just a good clean up and some red metal primer and paint (taped over the foam bits) , I luckily found one with seal, just unclips off while you paint away, same fixings as WRX too.

Edited by Smiler AS
Do you mind me asking where you got your VF34 from, I keep an eye out for a good priced one now and again (for a one day hopefully future upgrade) and find they aren't easy to come by ?? I might be looking in the wrong place(s) !

Guy on scoobynet is selling one the now "beef on the bone" or something like that, £450 if i recall. Genuine item, has lots of photos, info and numbers on it. Almost went for it until I got a good trade in price for a new one with my TD04.

Guy on scoobynet is selling one the now "beef on the bone" or something like that, £450 if i recall. Genuine item, has lots of photos, info and numbers on it. Almost went for it until I got a good trade in price for a new one with my TD04.

...and you traded in with ? Was yours brand new ?

...and you traded in with ? Was yours brand new ?

AWD Perth (top notch guys) are supplying (genuine ordered through Subaru they said) and fitting the VF34, they know my car from working on it previously and are giving me discount (dont know the exact amounts but they have been good previously) with my low mileage TD04 (about 33k on it now), sure they mentioned previously Forester owners go for them as upgrade.

Do you mind me asking where you got your VF34 from, I keep an eye out for a good priced one now and again (for a one day hopefully future upgrade) and find they aren't easy to come by ?? I might be looking in the wrong place(s) !

I got mine direct from Andy F. Still had to fit it though.

Well, fun, fun, fun! ;):D:)

Down at AWD this morning to get a VF34 fitted and sportcat, makes it MOT friendly now that its first one is due in Nov.

Anyway all went spot on, round to Andy F's in the afternoon.

A few runs later, and bear in mind,

mapped for 97 RON plus sportcat,

342bhp & 384lb/ft torque,

more than chuffed!!!